Honors and Awards
- Zhu, L.; Saha, S.; Liu, W.; Wang, Y.; Keszler, D. A.; Fang, C. “Simultaneous solution-based generation and characterization of crystalline bismuth thin film by femtosecond laser spectroscopy.” Appl. Phys. Lett. 2015, 107, 061901-061905. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4928483)
- Saha, S.; Captain, B. “Synthesis and structural characterization of ruthenium carbonyl cluster complexes containing platinum with a Bulky N-heterocyclic carbene ligand.” Inorganic Chemistry 2014, 53, 1210-1216. (http://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/ic402832b)
- Saha, S.; Isrow, D.; Captain, B. “Build-up of a Ru6 octahedral cluster core stabilized by tert-butyl germyl ligands.” Journal of Organometallic Chemistry 2014, 751, 815-820.
- Saha, S.; Zhu, L.; Captain, B. “Bimetallic octahedral ruthenium-nickel carbido cluster complexes. synthesis and structural characterization.” Inorganic Chemistry 2013, 52, 2526-2532.
- Saha, S.; Zhu, L.; Captain, B. “Synthesis and characterization of bimetallic iron-nickel carbido cluster complexes.” Inorganic Chemistry 2010, 49, 3465-3472.
Posters and Presentations
- Saha, Sumit; Decker, Shawn; Amador, Jennie; Luo, Feixiang; Frederick, Ryan; Ferron, Sara; Nyman, May; Herman, Gregory; Garfunkel, Eric; Keszler, Douglas “Nanopatterning with inorganic clusters.” 250th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society; Boston, MA, 2015. Selected for the ACS Presidential Symposia and the Sci-Mix session.
- Saha, Sumit; Amador, Jenn; Goberna-Ferron, Sara; Nyman, May; Keszler, Douglas “Comparative thermal analysis of bimetallic bismuth-tungsten and bismuth-molybdenum carbonyl complexes.” Center for Sustainable Materials Chemistry (CSMC) Annual Meeting; Eugene, OR, 2014.
- Saha, Sumit; Mustard, Thomas; Crockett, Brandon “Team Film Modulation’s market analysis” at the LoM Innovation session. Center for Sustainable Materials Chemistry (CSMC) Annual Meeting; Eugene, OR, 2014.
- Saha, Sumit; Keszler, Douglas “Comparative thermal analysis of bimetallic bismuth-tungsten and bismuth-molybdenum carbonyl complexes for the precursor of thin oxide films.” 248th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society; San Francisco, CA, 2014. Selected to Sci-Mix which is a large poster session consists of abstracts selected by division program chairs, and represents the most exceptional abstracts submitted to participating divisions.
- Saha, Sumit; Captain, Burjor “Synthesis and structural characterization of bimetallic Ruthenium-Nickel carbido and Ruthenium-Germanium carbonyl cluster complexes.” 244th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Philadelphia, PA, 2012. Selected to be showcased in the ‘Presentations on Demand’ in the Division of Inorganic Chemistry of American Chemical Society.
- Saha, Sumit; Captain, Burjor “Preparation and structural characterization of bimetallic Iron-Nickel & Ruthenium-Nickel carbido cluster complexes.” ACS Florida Annual Meeting & Exposition, Tampa, FL, 2012.
- Saha, Sumit; Captain, Burjor “Preparation and structural characterization of bimetallic Iron-Nickel carbide cluster complexes.” 2nd place at the Research Creativity and Innovation Forum, University of Miami, 2011.
- Saha, Sumit; Captain, Burjor “Preparation and structural characterization of bimetallic Iron-Nickel carbide cluster complexes.” 240th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Boston, MA, 2010.
Activities and Professional Development
In the News
“Chemistry is Awesome” Party – Corvallis Gazette Times, Thursday, June 6, 2015
OSU India Night – The Daily Barometer News; Sunday, April 12, 2015
Presented “Civil War Science Demo” at the CSMC Science Night at the Majestic Theater, Corvallis; July 16, 2014
Discovering thinner, green materials for screens – The Daily Barometer News; Monday, February 3, 2014
I joined Oregon State University in December 2013 and since then I have been involved with OSU Postdoctoral Association (OPA).
The Center is not only a place for collaborative research in academia, but also gives us the opportunity to commercialize our laboratory research.