Amorphyx is an innovator at the intersection of materials science and electronics for the display market. We leverage our expertise in amorphous metals, electronic device conduction mechanisms, and the creation of high-quality thin films in creating a replacement for the thin film transistor (TFT) device used in all flat-panel displays. The advantages of our device and manufacturing process technologies have also been demonstrated on flexible glass – defining a promising path to the future for the cost, performance and manufacturability of flat-panel and flexible displays. Learn more at www.Amorphyx.com.
The following job posting can also be found at www.Amorphyx.com/careers
Characterize and test thin films critical to a new class of device for next generation display technology in a fast-paced start-up. You will be an integral part of the engineering team, collecting, organizing, and reporting data to a highly accomplished and diverse team. The bulk of the work will be in Corvallis and includes processing of samples using thin film deposition equipment, performing equipment maintenance, collecting electrical performance results, and reporting the results.
- Electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and process troubleshooting experience in a wafer fab environment; Experience on Physical Vapor Deposition tools.
- Process test runs and prepare records, charts, and graphs of results.
- Perform electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment.
- Provide technical assistance to process development and engineering personnel.
- Perform Repair and Maintenance of metal deposition equipment.
- Clean and maintain machines after process runs, using specialized equipment.
- Assist in changing of gasses as needed.
- Train others as the company grows when needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Maintain confidentiality and follow invention disclosure procedures as directed by Amorphyx.
- Travel to partner labs as needed (expected to be <30% time).
- Experience in thin film process equipment (Vacuum experience required).
- Must have an A.A.S. degree in electrical engineering technology or a related field of study, or equivalent military training + 3 years job related experience, or a B.S. in engineering.
- Electrical or mechanical background required
- Communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, methodically.
- Ability to stand, walk, manipulate (lift, carry and move) weights up to 50 pounds, and climb ladders.
- Must wear gloves and comply with other safety and cleanroom protocols to handle thin film processing products.
- Ability to wear a full or half mask respirator if needed.
- Computer literate in Email, Internet search, and Microsoft office products, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint or their equivalents (i.e. Google Cloud-based services).
- Willing to work flexible hours as required.
Send all materials to Talent@Amorphyx.com with “Thin Film Tech” in Subject line.
Please send the following:
- Your resume
- The best time to reach you and at what phone number
- A paragraph or two in email about what excites you about this opportunity.